Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 604 confusion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member ejfud's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2007
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    604 confusion

    About time I build some new crossovers from my 604C's that have been reconed by GPA. They are 16 ohm. Which of the Markwart crossovers would be the best fit? The 604B Phase Correct Crossover with MF EQ or the 604-16X Phase Correct Crossover. This is all new and I'm slightly confused.

    Thanks for any help to clear up my confusion.

    Gary

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: 604 confusion

    This is one I came up with, I never got around to trying jeffs.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/82812412@N03/8687535405/

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member drummerwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 confusion

    I have GPA 604-8III's in MLTL cabinets. I built the Jeff Martwart Simplified 604E crossover several years ago. After a while and hearing other GPA / MLTL
    setups I found my crossover to be not as satisfying.

    My friend Dr. Lowmu advised me to try a simple "Serial Type" crossover like the Altec 604 N-1500A crossover.... Well I did

    and I love it. It's much more sensitive and much more dynamic than the Markwart crossover.
    "And the beat goes on"<br /> Willie

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: 604 confusion

    The more components you add the worst things sound. Everybody probably doesn't agree with that but then they probably haven't heard them all either. The mock N1600's I did sounded the best out of anything I came up with.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/82812412@N03/8351672131/
    Last edited by cradeldorf; February 21st, 2014 at 02:57 AM.

  5. #5
    Junior Hostboard Member je2a3's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2003
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 confusion

    Another vote for the N1600! I discovered this when I got a 605B for my mono system. I've since adapted it for my Altec 2-way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.